Ayurveda means “life knowledge or the science of life” and is one of most in depth sciences coming from the Vedic tradition. It is a part of the Vedanga, which makes it one of the first and oldest limbs of the Vedas.
Ayurveda guides us to optimal health using whole foods, herbs, daily practices, seasonal practices and ethical practices to support its philosophy.
Ayurveda pervades all aspects of the Vedas and is considered the first and most ancient medical system which originated more than 5,000 years ago, which set the precedent for homeopathy, naturopathy and other holistic healing systems in the West. It is often called “the Mother of All Healing.”
Hence the birth of our program. Sattva Ayurveda is steeped in the ancient traditions of Ayurveda and is supported by our Sattva Integrated practices, bringing a sweet balance to our lives. Our program is one that teaches the foundational principles and application of Ayurveda in today’s life.
This course will not only open the doors for this amazing science but also, if charmed, provide a deeper understanding of how to apply all the principles of Ayurveda with the learned knowledge from our 200 YTT/300 YTT/500 YTTs. Finally allowing us to see the integration of Yoga, Ayurveda and Jyotish promote optimal health & wellness and guide us to our best version of Self.
Our initial offering is broken into 3 Modules that are woven with foundations and concepts, the applications, and how to support yourself and/or your students and family.
Module 1 will be a prerequisite for any other Sattva Ayurveda courses.
When you complete all 3 Modules, you will have the opportunity to become certified as a Sattva Ayurveda Lifestyle Consultant.
Module 1 offers the following:
- Foundations of the Gateway to Wellness (Module 1)
- History of Ayurveda
- 3 Pillars of Ayurveda… Ahara (Food), Nidra (Sleep), Brahmacharya (Evolution)
- Understanding the Elements (Panchamahabhutas)
- Introduction to the Attributes (Gunas)
- Connecting to the Doshas … Prakriti & Vikruti
- The Constituents of Nature … Sattva, Rajas, Tamas
- The 3 Vital Essences … Prana, Tejas, Ojas
- Cycles of Life, Seasons, & Day
- Dinacharya, Ritucharya, Sadvritta … Introduction to daily ritual
- Taste… Discovering the 6 tastes for healing
- Understanding Examination & the types of daily Diagnosis
- Finding Balance
This training includes:
- Will teach you the responsibilities and opportunities to be a Sattva Ayurveda Lifestyle Consultant
- Will learn the history of Ayurveda and the how & why it was established
- Understand the foundations of Ayurveda to include the elements, attributes, doshas, gunas
- Begin to look at the mind body connection discovering Sattva, Rajas and Tamas
- Will move deeper into understanding the importance of Prana, Tejas and Ojas
- Discover the intricacies of taste, diagnosis and how we can begin to find balance using Ayurveda as the guide
- 3-5 hours of lecture each day of the course, total of 6 journeys that will include pranayama set/kriya set/intention for balance and daily/seasonal focus
- Each journey will include pranayama kriya, mantra kriya, asana to support focus and meditation based in the Sattva Yoga Tradition.
MEET YOUR TEACHERS
Dr. Pratibha Mamgain, BAMS, MD, PhD
Professor, Department of Ayurvedic Medicine, Swami Rama Himalayan University, Dehradun.
Dr. Pratibha Mamgain is a gifted Ayurvedic Doctor with degrees in Ayurveda which include BAMS and Ayurvedic graduate work as MD and PhD. She has extensive experience of more than 30 years as an Ayurvedic consultant, researcher and teacher, with more than 20 published papers in various national and international journals.
She has taught and done consultations at leading universities in India and all over the world, including Japan, USA, European countries, Thailand, Singapore, and Malaysia. Her depth of perception is impressive on both the individual and global levels. She brings feminine perspective and sensitivity to her practice and teachings.
Dr. Mamgain has been involved with Sattva for the last decade. She is very enthusiastic about being a part of the vision which has emerged at Sattva. She will be deeply involved as one of the Lead Faculty Members at Sattva Ayurveda Academy and as an Ayurvedic Doctor who oversees the Sattva Ayurveda Center at Sattva Retreat.
Tracy Jennings-Hill, C-IAYT, ERYT 500, YACEP
“Ayurveda Lifestyle Consultant”
Tracy Jennings-Hill has taught fitness and yoga for many years. She is certified as 500 ERYT, C-IAYT and YACEP, as an Ayurveda Lifestyle Consultant and a Holistic Life Coach. She has been a group fitness instructor for over 19 years with a flourishing career. She now teaches worldwide and in her own studio, LiveURYoga. In addition to her experience teaching Yoga and Ayurveda, she has completed her initial Jyotish training. Her expertise and understanding of the foundational aspects of these sciences has moved her to the next level as a teacher, practitioner, facilitator and mentor.
Tracy is a Sattva Master Teacher whose focus, vision and mission are about providing a platform for transformation, empowerment, and growth, meeting each person where they are but more importantly giving them the tools to flourish with a modern day understanding and realistic approach to the ancient teachings of the Yog-Vedantic tradition.
Dr. Ravindra Mamgain, BAMS, MD, PhD
Professor, Department of Ayurvedic Medicine, Swami Rama Himalayan University, Dehradun.
Dr. Ravindra Kumar Mamgain is an experienced, highly-qualified Ayurvedic physician and a leading Ayurveda expert. His degrees in Ayurveda include a BAMS, MD, PhD. He has extensive experience of more than 30 years as an Ayurvedic consultant, researcher and teacher. He is a gifted teacher, profile speaker and health educator. He has given seminars and lectures in India and all over the world including Japan, USA, European countries, Thailand, Singapore, and Malaysia. During his extensive travels, he has presented papers at many national and international conferences and has delivered lectures and offered consultation on Ayurveda for health professionals and the general public.
Dr. Mamgain has been involved with Sattva for the last decade. He is very excited to be a part of the vision which has emerged. He will be deeply involved as one of the Lead Faculty Members at Sattva Ayurveda Academy and as an Ayurvedic Doctor who oversees the Sattva Ayurveda Center at Sattva Retreat.
THIS COURSE IS FOR:
- 200/300/500 hr Yoga Teachers, and if completing all three modules which includes the practicum, you will be certified as a Sattva Ayurveda Lifestyle Consultant
- Anyone who is drawn to begin to understand Ayurveda, the sister science of Yoga and wants to learn about Ayurveda.
- Any Yoga Teacher who wants to enhance their knowledge in Ayurveda and be able to provide more comprehensive teachings to their students or clients
- To complete your certification, you must complete all 3 Modules and the live and written practicum. So, in addition to the Module 1 listed above, here is a synopsis of the following required modules.
- Advanced Applications to the Gateway of Wellness (Module 2) and Practicum (live/written)(Module 3) will be offered in November 2021 either live or via zoom, depending on the travel availability.
OUR COURSE CURRICULUM FOR MODULE 1 IS STRUCTURED AS FOLLOWS:
- 10 consecutive days (10-day virtual and live) from 11 September to 20 September 2021
- Module 1 will be a combination, virtual (pre-recorded) and virtual (live) sessions via ZOOM.
- We will meet twice per day, times to be announced.
- Each day of the module 1 will have a minimum of 4 hours of instruction. During Module 1, you will be provided (pre-recorded) journeys which support the mind, body and soul.
- Advanced Applications to the Gateway of Wellness (Module 2) is where we delve deeper, learning about the Ayurveda & nutrition, subdoshas, the six stages of disease, purvakarma, panchakarma, and rasayana, dravyaguna 1 & 2, the Marmas, and how to become a consultant. This course is also 10 days and our intention is for it to be live at Sattva Yoga Academy.
- A written review document will be provided prior to the start of Module 2.
- Each day will include progressive assignments to assist in building their knowledge and certification as a Sattva Ayurveda Lifestyle Consultant.
- Practicum Prep & Practicum (Module 3) is the live or virtual practicum which will include a review of written assessment.
- This module will consist of a combination of (pre-recorded) sessions and virtual zoom sessions.
- Prerequisites/Requirements: – 200 RYT or 300 RYT or 500 RYT
- Overall focus is to offer this as a separate certification
- Course being submitted for approval with Yoga Alliance, NAMA, AAPNA
- *** Course materials for Module 1 will be unlimited access, upon completion. ****
Course pricing – $1250 USD per module
Deposit Required – $350 USD
This training will be delivered via live sessions as well as pre recorded sessions. All live times will be in India Standard time so you will have to figure out the schedule according to your time zone
A link to access the online classroom will be sent in. advance which you will use for all online sessions. Each session will be recorded and uploaded onto the online platform immediately after it ends. You have access to these recordings so you can do the course on your own time if you are unable to join live.