Advanced 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Rishikesh, India
Take your teaching to the next Level. You have already established a foundation. Now go where you are not, transcend where you are. This course is designed for intermediate and advanced practitioners. It will help take your teaching to a more powerful and in-depth level. Open greater opportunities for your teaching as well as deepen your understanding and own practice of Yoga as a way of life. Our trainings are considered by many as the most comprehensive yoga Teacher Training in the world.
The Sattva Yoga Academy 300 hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh will open an extraordinary depth to your practice and your teaching, opening a whole world of new possibilities for your leadership as a global yoga teacher. It will prepare you to teach at festivals, lead retreats and assist in trainings globally. This training is essential to be eligible for applying to Sattva Master Level Training.
Curriculum of 300 hour Yoga Teacher Training Course
Advanced Technology of Sattva Yoga Integrated Practices
- Advanced Hatha Asanas, Kundalini practices and Tantra Kriyas
- How to blend and work with 7 distinct styles of Yoga with 3 Sattva Waves and merge them into one organic whole
- Understand how to use the techniques for healing and transformation of body, mind, and spirit
- In-depth look at the relationship of the 5 layers of the body and the effect of the techniques on each
- Purpose, benefits, contraindications of all techniques and how to use the practice for the ultimate aim of Yoga
- Learn to design and teach class sequences (practice teaching mixed level classes and advanced classes)
- Learn advanced meditation practices
- Learn how to teach meditation
Yogic Philosophy, Ethics, & Ancient Scriptures
- Investigate advanced philosophy of the Himalayan Yog-Vedantic Tradition
- Develop a deeper understanding of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Discover the scope of the Bhagavad Gita
- Recognise the history of Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Tantras and Agamas
Knowledge Meetings and Satsangs
- Advanced wisdom is presented in Knowledge Meetings and Satsangs.
- Learn to appreciate that living enlightenment is an ever-expanding process of growth and evolution; it is not an end-game.
- Knowledge Meetings cover many of the subjects of the course, including the nature of the Self, the field of unity, states of consciousness, subtle body practices, chanting, meditation, japa and mantra, nada yoga, music, sangha (community), introduction to Ayurveda , Vedanta, and philosophy.
- Satsang offers the opportunity to ask questions about the many subjects of the course, including meditation, philosophy. Questions are answered as part of Satsang.
Asanas and Kriyas, Technology of Sattva Yoga
- Advanced asanas are taught at this level.
- Advanced kriyas are introduced as the capacity of the students increases
- Learn to incorporate Kriya sets in your practice and teaching for specific purposes
- Discover sequences of practices that are specifically designed to achieve a desired effect
- Enhance your toolbox of practices to bring greater support to your students
Advanced Pranayama Principles and Practice
- Advanced principles and theory of pranayama
- Practical training in advanced pranayama technology
- Learn Pranayama sets to enrich your practice and classes
- Investigation of modern scientific research confirming the knowledge of the rishis.
- Includes teaching methods
Advanced Mantra Practice
- Dive deep into advanced mantra practice
- Learn how to incorporate Naad in your classes
- Practice teaching mantra
- Learn to give instruction in japa
- Give deeper experience to your students
- Increase your understanding of the Sattva Yoga teaching method
- Learn to apply the Sattva basic 3-Wave class structure
- Expand your knowledge of structuring the seven aspects of a Sattva Yoga class/journey to include meditation, breath practices, asana, kriya, mantra, partner work and freedom movement
- Develop your awareness of the distinct yogic traditions and their techniques
- Energetics and adjustments of assists
- The art of sequencing
- Ethics of teaching yoga, including the types of teachers and students
- Teach Advanced Kundalini and Sattva Tantra Kriyas
- Vinyasa Krama ‒ Study the transformative effects and learning how to blend them together with vinyasa krama.
- Expand the scope of your classes by incorporating different techniques.
Practicum with Small Group Peer Review
- Teach classes in a small group setting to hone your skills
- Practice teaching is included
- Observe and assist in classes taught by others
- Give and receive feedback
- Write responses to suggested Contemplation topics
- Enrich your oral presentation skills
- Practical skills for conducting satsang.
- Practice giving Dharma Talks
- Teach advanced meditation techniques
- Learn to give private initiations
- Teach advanced pranayama practices
- Learn how to support your students with private mentoring
- Learn how to plan and execute retreats with theme and intention
- Includes class observation
- Focus on class structure
- Structure, sequence and teach a class
- Set intention for a class with theme and music
Integration Coursework, Seva, and Self-Practice Requirements
- Students are required to finish homework after the completion of the contact hours.
- The homework is considered a vital part of the coursework and is required in order to apply for certification by Yoga Alliance or other certifying organisations.
- The Homework should be submitted within 3 months of the completion date of the course contact hours.
- Complete all the course contemplative questions.
- Structure and teach seven classes and write about your experience.
- Log your personal sadhana for at least 40 days.
- Undertake a SEVA project (volunteer/serve) and share your experience.
What You'll Receive in Sattva 300 hour YTT Course in Rishikesh
The Sattva Yoga Academy's 300 hour Yoga Teacher Training in India is widely regarded as the most comprehensive program of its kind globally. Renowned for its excellence, it draws students from diverse corners of the world, fostering the development of authentic, confident, knowledgeable, and empowered yogis.
- Exclusive Sattva Yoga Academy manuals distributed only at Sattva Yoga Academy trainings
- Full immersion into a unique yogic culture
- 3 delicious organic meal per day, plus 2 chai/herbal tea breaks
- Use of campus facilities such as free wi-fi, swimming pool, steam room, much more.
- Accommodation at the luxurious Sattva Retreat Centre with attached bathroom, AC and views that include the river, pool and mountains
- Outdoor excursions that include some of the caves, temples, waterfalls, or local mountain villages
- Direct access to Sattva global community of like-spirited yogis around the world
- Full guidance of senior experienced and dedicated faculty.
- A welcome bag of surprise goodies
- Certification of completion when all requirements have been met. The certificate enables you to register with Yoga Alliance USA as a 300 hour RYT.
Sample of Schedule for Sattva 300 hour YTT Program in Rishikesh
Sattva Yoga Teacher Training is designed to immerse students into the physical, mental, and spiritual states of yoga so they emerge as students and teachers of wisdom and practice. Sattva Yoga Teacher Training is not about “becoming” a yoga teacher, but about coming into the strong spine, the fierce presence, and the free life that allows for being a teacher from wherever you stand in your community. The power of taking the journey to India for this experience is tremendous. The journey inspires, heals, invigorates, and frees. The journey is deeply transforming and deeply joyous. All are supported in community to rise fully.
Example of a typical day:-
|6:30 - 7:00 AM||Puja|
|7.00 - 7.45 AM||Meditation|
|7.45 - 8.30 AM||Herbal Tea, Fruit and Silent Reflection / Journaling|
|8.30 - 10.30 AM||Morning Asana and Kriya Practice|
|10:30 - 12.30 PM||Breakfast in Silence, Morning break|
|12.30 - 2.30PM||FIRST SESSION. Understanding Yoga (History, philosophy, core principles, teaching methodology, queuing, language, purpose, observation, voice, taking your seat as a teacher)|
|2:30 - 3.30PM||Lunch|
|3:30 - 5.30PM||SECOND SESSION. Yoga anatomy and principles of Sattva Yoga|
|5:30 - 6.45PM||Asana, Kriya, Breakdown with adjustments or evening asana, pranayama, kriya, yoga nidra practice|
|6:45 - 7:00PM||Aarti|
|6:45 - 8:00PM||Dinner|
|8:00 - 8:45PM||THIRD SESSION . Satsang, Sutras explanation, chanting, community time|
You will have some afternoon time free and one day a week will be off, in that day the schedule above is followed until 10:30 am and the rest of the day may include either free or an optional group excursion/adventure. Included in the program can be also a sacred pilgrimage to temples in the lower Himalayas, and to the Ma Ganga river.
Please consider this schedule is flexible. Some sessions will be decided according to the progression of the groups.
For Level 300 hour Yoga – A 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training certificate from Sattva Yoga Academy or any other Yoga Alliance approved yoga school is required.
We make sure that our teachers in training are prepared for the level 2 curriculum. Depending on the nature of the yoga school you attended you may be given extra study to do in order to be up to par with the curriculum offered in this training.
Course Fee & Dates
Course fee for Sattva 300 hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh
|10th April to 08th May 2023|
|15th September to 13th October 2023|
|21th November to 19th December 2023|
Standard room —US $2350 (Standard shared room per person)
Deluxe room – US $2500 (Deluxe shared room per person)
US $350 required to hold your spot.
*For single occupancy add US $450.
*All rooms sizes and views differ
*All deposits are non-refundable, but can be transferred to other upcoming trainings at Sattva Yoga Academy. The deposit is valid for a lifetime. If you wish to cancel, be sure to notify Sattva email@example.com of your cancelation at least one week before the course start date. Once training is started, no cancellation will be accepted.
Just as a healthy body is essential for the flourishing of the soul, a clean and hygienic atmosphere is necessary for the well-being of our physical body.
Our rooms are specifically designed for yogis, spacious and well-ventilated. Our management is dedicated to ensuring that your rooms are always kept clean and hygienic.
What does a student get after the completion of the course?
Completing the 300 hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, students will receive a certificate from the Sattva Yoga Academy. This certificate is of great significance, as it verifies that the students have completed the course from a respected association and institution. It also grants them the eligibility to become yoga instructors if they so choose. The certificate is recognized and verified by the Yoga Alliance, a long-standing leading association in the yogic lifestyle.
The Sattva Yoga Academy is dedicated to supporting and inspiring you with our 300 hour Yoga Teacher Training. I absolutely recommend Sattva Yoga Academy. It was a chilling experience to study at the yoga teacher training.
I recently finished my 300 hour YTT at Sattva and had an amazing experience. The education is truly priceless the information and tools learned are invaluable to living one’s best life and sharing that with others.
Breathe Salt Yoga
My experience at the Sattva Yoga Academy was life changing. I first attended the 300 hour training in 2016 when I was 52 yrs old. I had no idea that Anand would truly change my life!.