200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training In Rishikesh, India
Are you ready to follow your Passion and take your life and practice to the next level? If the answer is yes, then you have to come to the right spot. The Sattva Yoga Academy 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training is the gold standard of Yoga Teacher Trainings and will mark the beginning of your radical transformation and a successful career as a global yoga expert. Connect with like-minded individuals from around the globe.
This training is well suited for beginners and intermediate students. This training is designed for someone who wants to be a teacher and also for those who want to deepen their practice and understanding of yoga, or simply improve their quality of life. The Sattva Yoga 200 hour yoga teacher training Rishikesh is considered by many as the most comprehensive Yoga teacher training available anywhere in the world today. It attracts students from around the world and produces authentic, confident, knowledgeable and empowered Yogis. Sattva Yoga Academy’ 200 hour Yoga Alliance certified foundational training studies core essentials of a Sattva Yoga life practice and prepares students to be yoga teachers and to live as Masters in all moments of life. Sattva Yoga teacher training is about more than learning to teach a class. It is about deeply understanding the teachings so they may be shared with any audience in any setting. It offers transformation and personal evolution in the heart of the birthplace of yoga, Rishikesh, India. Training is coupled with spiritual immersion into the yogic lifestyle practice. Sattva Yoga teacher training is designed to immerse students into the physical, mental, and spiritual states of yoga so they emerge as students and teachers of wisdom as well as practice. Rather than just becoming a yoga teacher, Sattva Yoga Academy Teacher Training is about coming into your strong spine, with a fierce presence, and the free life that allows for being a teacher from wherever you stand in your community.
Curriculum Of 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Techniques, Training And Practice
- Asanas, Foundational Yoga Poses: Static, dynamic and flow versions of asanas.
- Principles of alignment and movement.
- Powerful Pranayama (Breathwork): practice and teaching.
- Focusing on the mind and its functions
- Transcendence of the mind to access the pure field of infinite potential
- Benefits, modifications, contraindications and mindfulness for practices
- Vinyasa Krama: The art and science of intelligent sequencing
- Foundational Kundalini and Tantric Kriyas: Practice, effects, placement and delivery
- Partner Work: Tantric principles of healing through shiva/shakti, yin/yang
- Bandhas, mudras and karmas: Practice, use and teaching
- Fluid Freedom Movement: Practice, use and teaching
- Pranayama (Powerful Breathwork): Practice, use and teaching
- Mantras and exploring Naad. Practice, use and teaching.
- Sadhana: Developing and teaching personal Sadhana
Yogic Philosophy, History And Lifestyle
- Origins and History of Yoga
- Recognise the Unity of Paths
- Understanding the Foundational Teachings of Yoga
- Exploring the Supreme Wisdom of Yoga
- Discovering the Vedanta of Life, Self and the Universe
- Yoga as a Path to Awakening
- Sattva Yoga Academy Teachings: The Integrated Approach
- Know Living Enlightenment as a Lifestyle
- Introduction to Sattva Meditation Technique
- Become aware of Self – Mind-Body Connection
- Introductions to Chakras, Koshas, Gunas and Ishtas
- Introduction to Karma and Dharma
Knowledge Meetings And Satsang
- Knowledge Meetings cover many of the subjects of the course, including chakras, koshas, prana vayus, nadis and gunas, chanting, meditation, mantra, japa, nada yoga, music, sangha (community), diet, nutrition, Vedanta, and philosophy.
- Satsangs are spiritual Q&A sessions. Clarify your understanding of the topics covered in Knowledge Meetings by asking questions that are answered as part of Satsang.
Asanas, Applied Anatomy, Physiology, And The Energy Body
- Understand the foundations, origins, principles and purpose of Hatha
- Types of Postures – Purpose and benefits
- Sattva principles of alignment & movement
- Core principles of safe and efficient practice
- Benefits, modifications, contraindications and mindfulness for practices
- Hatha asana breakdown of standing postures, seated postures, seated twists, backward bend postures, arm balance postures, inverted postures, restorative postures
- Sattva Intelligent Sequencing
- Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutations) and Sattva Moon Salutation
- Sattva Yoga Anatomy
- Systems of the Body
- Physiology of Muscles and Bones
- Eastern and Western Anatomy
- Health considerations
- Learn the power of conscious breathwork
- Explore the science and practice of healthy, effective breath.
- Prepare for breath kriyas
- Learn primary mantras that are used in sacred rituals, japa, and kriya practices
- Prepare for mantra kriyas
- Learn to structure and teach classes/journeys in different environments to different people around the world
- Take your seat as a teacher
- Develop your presence and authentic teaching style
- Develop your voice and the use of vocabulary
- Create an optimal atmosphere for transformation
- Learn to offer safe adjustments and assists
- Explore the art and science of connecting with and uplifting your students
- Discover the art of using music in classes
- Practice Teach to individuals and to small groups
- Observe, give and receive feedback of classes
- Structure journeys/classes for different levels and themes
- Teach a full journey/class
- Take Yoga out of the Yoga room
- Learn how to support your students with private mentoring
- Learn how to lead retreats
- Learn about teaching breathwork
- Students are required to finish homework after the completion of the contact hours.
- Complete all the course contemplative questions.
- The homework is considered a vital part of the coursework and is required in order to apply for certification by Yoga Alliance or other certifying organisations.
- Structure and teach seven classes and write about your experience.
- Log your personal sadhana for at least 40 days.
- Undertake a SEVA project (volunteer/serve) and share your experience.
The Sattva Yoga Academy 200 hour yoga teacher training in India is considered by many as the most comprehensive Yoga teacher training available anywhere in the world today. It attracts students from around the world and produces authentic, confident, knowledgeable and empowered Yogis.
- Exclusive Sattva Yoga Academy manuals distributed only at Sattva Yoga Academy trainings
- Full immersion into a unique yogic culture
- 3 delicious organic meal per day, plus 2 chai/herbal tea break
- Use of campus facilities such as free wi-fi, swimming pool, steam room, much more.
- A welcome bag of surprise goodies
- Accommodation at the luxurious Sattva Retreat Centre with attached bathroom, AC and views that include the river, pool and mountains
- Outdoor excursions that include some of the caves, temples, waterfalls, or local mountain villages
- Direct access to Sattva global community of like-spirited yogis around the world
- Full guidance of senior experienced and dedicated faculty.
Access to the online platform of Sattva Yoga practices, https://www.sattvaconnect.com
- Certification of completion when all requirements have been met. The certificate enables you to register with Yoga Alliance USA as a 200 hour RYT.
Sample Of Schedule 200 Hour Yoga TTC In Rishikesh
Sattva Yoga teacher training is designed to immerse students into the physical, mental, and spiritual states of yoga so they emerge as students and teachers of wisdom and practice. Our best yoga TTC in Rishikesh is not about “becoming” a yoga teacher, but about coming into the strong spine, the fierce presence, and the free life that allows for being a teacher from wherever you stand in your community. The power of taking the journey to Rishikesh for this experience is tremendous. The journey inspires, heals, invigorates, and frees. The journey is deeply transforming and deeply joyous. All are supported in community to rise fully.
Example of a typical day:-
|6:30 - 7:00 AM||Puja|
|7.00 - 7.45 AM||Meditation|
|7.45 - 8.30 AM||Herbal Tea, Fruit and Silent Reflection / Journaling|
|8.30 - 10.30 AM||Morning Asana and Kriya Practice|
|10:30 - 12.30 PM||Breakfast in Silence, Morning break|
|12.30 - 2.30PM||FIRST SESSION. Understanding Yoga (History, philosophy, core principles, teaching methodology, queuing, language, purpose, observation, voice, taking your seat as a teacher)|
|2:30 - 3.30PM||Lunch|
|3:30 - 5.30PM||SECOND SESSION. Yoga anatomy and principles of Sattva Yoga|
|5:30 - 6.45PM||Asana, Kriya, Breakdown with adjustments or evening asana, pranayama, kriya, yoga nidra practice|
|6:45 - 7:00PM||Arti|
|6:45 - 8:00PM||Dinner|
|8:00 - 8:45PM||THIRD SESSION . Satsang, Sutras explanation, chanting, community time|
You will have some afternoon time free and one day a week will be off, in that day the schedule above is followed until 10:30 am and the rest of the day may include either free or an optional group excursion/adventure. Included in the program can be also a sacred pilgrimage to temples in the lower Himalayas, and to the Gange’s river.
Please consider this schedule is flexible. Some sessions will be decided according to the progression of the groups.
For 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training – the only prerequisite for our students is that they have an open mind and an appetite for learning and growth. At least 6 months of practice is recommended though not required.
Upon acceptance, to the course, the student is expected to be present for every class and complete the coursework.
Course Fee & Dates
Course fee for 200 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh
|15th March to 07th April 2023|
|10th April to 03rd May 2023|
|1st June to 24th June 2023|
|15th September to 08th October 2023|
|21th November to 14th December 2023|
Standard room —US$2100 (Standard shared room per person)
Deluxe room – US$ 2250 (Deluxe shared room per person)
US$ 350 required to hold your spot.
*for single occupancy add US$ 400.
*Room sizes and views differ.
(All deposit are non-refundable but can be transferred to other upcoming trainings. The deposit is valid for a life time.)
Just as a healthy body is essential for the flourishing of the soul, a clean and hygienic atmosphere is necessary for the well-being of our physical body.
Our room specifically designed for yogi, are spacious and well-ventilated. Our management is dedicated to ensuring that your rooms are always kept clean and hygienic.
What Does A Student Get After The Completion Of The Course
After finishing the 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, students receive a certificate from the Sattva Yoga Academy, documenting with the hours spent on the course and certifying their eligibility for a yoga teacher license. The certificate is issued by the Yoga Alliance, A leading is highly recognized and authentic organization in the yogic lifestyle for years.
I had experience 200 hour yoga teacher training this past month at Sattva Yoga Academy with Master Anand Mehorotra. Has being the most amazing experience in my life, not only a yoga teacher training but a life-changing experience!!
I recently completed a 200 hour yoga teacher training program and it was an incredibly transformative experience. The program was led by experienced and knowledgeable instructors who truly cared about our development as yoga teachers.
I completed my 200 hour Yoga alliance approved Yoga teacher training at Sattva Yoga Academy . The profund impact of this training on my life has been truly transformative. I learned so much and gained life long connections.
The 200 hour Sattva Yoga Teacher Training was an incredible journey. The instructors were passionate, knowledgeable and truly dedicated to helping each student succeed. The small class size allowed for individual attention and the opportunity to learn.
I recently finished my 200 hour YTT at Sattva yoga Academy Rishikesh and had an amazing experience. The education is truly priceless & the information and tools learned are invaluable to living one’s best life and sharing that with others.
Quynh Anh Heine
I am so grateful to have found Sattva Yoga Academy. I recently journied to India to complete their 200 Hour yoga teacher training India. I received more then I can ever imagine.This is the best yoga teacher training in Rishikesh I recommend to all.