500 Hr Yoga Teacher Training
The 500 Hour Sattva Teacher Training Is For Those Who Are Willing To Fully Immerse Themselves Into The Teachings Of Yoga.
In This Training, Students Have The Option To Take Two Full Trainings Back To Back – The 200 Hour And 300 Hour Training. There Is A Short Break In Between The Courses To Allow The Students To Experience, Teach And Have Time For Self Study And Practice. During This Break, Students Have The Option To Stay At Sattva Rishikesh And Sattva Retreat With Reduced Prices For Accommodation And Food. The Break Is Very Relevant And Important To Allow The Students To Ground The Knowledge Shared In 200Hours and Prepare Themselves For The 300Hours.
Students Will Also Have The Opportunity To Practice And Teach At The Sattva Rishikesh Studio To Refine Their Understand And Knowledge, And Have Access To The Community While They Are Here. If There Are Any Other Events Happening They Will Have The Possibility To Attend At A Discounted Price.
Techniques, Training and Practice
- Foundational Yoga Poses: proper alignment, benefits, contraindications, modifications and injury prevention. Static, dynamic and flow version of all asanas.
- Vinyasa Karma- the art and science of intelligent sequencing.
- Powerful Pranayama (Breath work): practice and teaching.
- Foundational Kundalini and Tantric Kriyas — Practice, effects, placement and delivery.
- Bandhas, mudras and shat karmas. Practice and teaching.
- Partner Work (tantric principles of healing through shiva/shakit , ying /yang.
- Initiation into Sattva Meditation practice and how to teach meditation to different people based on their needs. Focusing on the mind, its functions and transcendence of the mind accessing the pure field of potentiality.
- Mantras – their use, practice and teaching. Exploring nada and Laya.
- Fluid Freedom movement. Its practice, use and teaching.
- Developing and teaching personal Sadhana.
Applied Anatomy ,physiology and the energy body
- Western and Eastern Anatomy
- Anatomy of Asana and kriya
- Systems of the Body
- Sattva Principles of Alignment
- Chakras, Koshas, prana vayus, nadis and gunas.
- Muscle and physical physiology
- Benefits, risks and modifications for all practices.
- How to observe and see bodies, energy and states of consciousness in students
- Developing your Voice and the use of vocabulary
- The art and science of using Music in classes
- The art and science of connecting with and uplifting your students.
- Developing your presence and authentic teaching style.
- Taking your seat as a teacher
- Offering safe adjustments and assists.
- Creating optimal atmosphere for transformation.
- Learning to structure and teach classes and journeys in different environments to different people around the world.
Yogic Philosophy, history and lifestyle
- Yoga sutras and the 8 limbs of Yoga.
- Yogic History and understanding all paths of yoga.
- Introduction to subtle bodies
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- Introduction to the key ancient texts of the yogic path
- Understanding the foundational teachings of Yoga and Vedanta on Life, Self and the Universe.
- Yoga as a path to awakening and the Yogic way of life.
- Taking Yoga out of the Yoga room.
- Practice Teaching to individuals and to small groups
- Observing, giving and receiving feedback.
- Structuring different journeys, classes for different levels and themes.
- Teaching a full journey/class
300 Hour Breakdown
1. Advanced Techniques and Practices of the Sattva practice of Yoga -70 hrs
- 1.Advanced Hatha Asanas, Kundlini and Tantra Kriyas
- 2.How to blend and work with 7 distinct styles of Yoga (7 Sattva Waves)and merge them in one organic whole.
- 3.Advanced meditation practices
- 4.How to use the techniques for healing and transformation of body, mind and spirit
- 5.In depth look at the relationship of the 5 layers of the body and the effect of the techniques on each
- 6.Purpose, benefits, contract indications of all techniques and how to use to practice for the ultimate aim of Yoga
- 7.Learn to class sequences (practice teaching mixed level classes and advanced classes
2. Basic Sanskrit and Advanced Mantra practice 12 hours
Learn the Sanskrit alphabet in Devanagari script. You will be able to read and pronounce Sanskrit words, as well as some grammar, and you will explore the role of Sanskrit in a yoga practice. Also you will dive deep into advanced mantra practice and learn how to incorporate Naadin the classes to give a deeper experience to your students.
3. Teaching Methodology- 50 hours
The Sattva Yoga ®reg; teaching method; The 5 principles of teaching and 7 waves (7 distinct yogic tradition and their techniques) adjustments and assists, the art of sequencing, energetics of assists and vinyasa krama; ethics of teaching yoga, including the types of teachers and students; teaching Advanced Kundalini and Sattva Tantra Kriyas. Studying their trans formative effects and learning how to blend them together with vinyasa Krama . Expanding the range of your classes through incorporating different techniques and making the teaching have huge expanse.
4. Scripture, Philosophy, Ethics, & Lifestyle- 30 hours
Includes advanced philosophy, deeper understanding of the sutras, Bhagavad Gita, Hathayogapradipika, Tantras and Agamas, Upanishads
5. Group Practicum- 12 hours
Includes class observation and transcriptions focusing on adjustment, sequencing, theme, and music.
6. Small Group Peer Review and Practicum-17 hours
These are classes that you teach in a small group setting to hone your skills. Includes student teaching as well as observing and assisting in classes taught by others, oral presentation skills.
7. Satsang… 55 hours
Satsang combines many of the subjects of the course, including chanting, meditation, japa and mantra, nada yoga and music, community, diet, nutrition, Vedanta, philosophy and practical skills for conducting satsang. Question are answered as part of Satsang.
8. Advanced Pranayama principles and practice. -10hours
This includes the advanced principles and theory of pranayama, practical training in samavritti and visamavritti pranayama, including teaching methods.
9. Daily Self study -20 hours
Each day includes a self study assignment to be completed and checked next day by the teachers.
Home Study and Elective hours
- Complete all the training manual questions.
- Undertake a SEVA project (volunteer, serve ) and share your experience
- Log your personal sadhana (meditation practice)
- Structure and also observe 7 classes and write your experience
- Write a paper on chosen topic.
- 1.Certification of completion when all requirements have been met. The certificate enables you to register with Yoga Alliance USA as a 500 hrs RYT.
- 2.Exclusive Sattva Yoga Academy manual .approved by Yoga Alliance distributed only at Sattva Yoga Academy trainings.
- 3.Accommodation at the luxurious Sattva Retreat Centre with attached bathroom, in room a/c and views that include the river, pool and mountains.
- 4.Three organic delicious meals per day, plus morning and evening chai and herbal tea.
- 5.Use of campus facilities such as free wifi, swimming pool, steam room etc.
- 6.Welcome bag full of surprise goodies.
- 7.Full immersion into a unique yogic culture
- 8.Outdoor excursions that include some of the Caves, temples, waterfalls, or local mountain villages
- 9.Direct access to Sattva global community of like-spirited yogis around the world
- 10.Full guidance of senior experienced and dedicated faculty.
- 11.Opportunity to teach at Sattva studios and retreats and also to be featured on Sattva streaming site SATTVACONNECT.
- 12.Eligibility to apply for apprenticeship program and also for the Sattva Master Level Teacher Training Program.
* prices do not include airfare, ground transportation to and from the academy, tips, or personal items
SAMPLE OF SCHEDULE
- 6.30 – 7.00Am Puja
- 7.00 – 7.45Am Meditation
- 7.45 – 8.30Am Herbal Tea, Fruit And Silent Reflection / Journaling
- 8.30 – 10.30Am Morning Asana And Kriya Practice
- 10:30 – 12.30Am Breakfast In Silence, Morning Break
- 12.30 – 2.30Pm First Session. Understanding Yoga (History, Philosophy, Core Principles, Teaching Methodology, Queuing, Language, Purpose, Observation, Voice, Taking Your Seat As A Teacher)
- 2:30Pm – 3.30Pm Lunch
- 3:30 – 5.30 Second Session. Yoga Anatomy And Principles Of Sattva Yoga
- 5:30 – 6.45Pm Asana, Kriya, Breakdown With Adjustments Or Evening Asana, Pranayama, Kriya, Yoga Nidra Practice
- 6:45 – 7:00Pm Aarti
- 6:45 – 8:00Pm Dinner
- 8:00 – 8:45Pm Third Session. Satsang ,Sutras Explanation, Chanting, Community Time
*There will be some afternoon time free and one day a week will be off, in that day the schedule above is followed until 10:30 am and the rest of the day may include either free or a optional group excursion/adventure. Included in the program can be also sacred pilgrimage to temples in the lower Himalayas, and to the Gange’s river.
Please consider this schedule is flexible.
Some sessions will be decided according with the progression of the groups
Upon Acceptance To The Course The Student Is Expected To Being Present For Every Class And Complete The Course Work.
PRICE & DATES
Price $3950 – In a shared standard room (single room has an extra cost)
Other options available
Deluxe and Superior room
Deposit $350 ( The amount will be non-refundable, but transferable to other trainings upto 1 year.)
Register Now March 10th – May 8th 2018
Register Now Sep 20th 2018 – Dec 21st 2018