500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
SATTVA YOGA TEACHER TRAINING 500-HOUR
OVERVIEW of 500-Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh
500-Hour Sattva Yoga Teacher Training
The 500s Hour Sattva Teacher Training Is For Those Who Are Willing To Fully Immerse Themselves Into The Teachings Of Yoga.
Evolution begins now. The 500-Hour Sattva Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) is for those who are willing to fully immerse themselves into the teachings of Yoga. This is for anyone who wants to transform their whole existence. Learn from a living Himalayan Master. These teachings are straight from the source from internationally respected Sattva Yoga Academy. Join the gold standard of Yoga Teacher Trainings.
In this training, students have the option to take two full trainings back-to-back – the 200-Hour and 300-Hour trainings. There is a short break in between the courses to allow the students to experience, teach and have time for self-study and practice. The break is very relevant and important to allow the students to ground the knowledge shared in 200-Hour YTT and prepare themselves for the 300-Hour YTT.
Students will also have the opportunity to practice and teach at the Sattva Rishikesh Studio to refine their understand and knowledge. They will have access to the community while they are here. If there are any other events happening, they will have the possibility to attend at a discounted price.
During these times of a huge shift in how humanity functions, Yoga as a personal practice is bringing humans to their true essence and wholeness, prepared to be fully adaptable. Sattva Yoga Academy teachers and graduates spread all over the globe are community leaders in their locations, leading from love and compassion in their respective fields. Students have access to the worldwide community of like-minded individuals of the Sattva Sangha online.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Access to timeless Vedic and Yog-Vedantic wisdom, straight from the source in the Himalayas.
- Learn the transformative yoga practices of Sattva Yoga, an integrated approach.
- Hatha, Kriya, Pranayama, Mantra breakdowns will be led by Sattva Master Teachers
- Initiation into Sattva Meditation Technique
- Sattva Yoga 200-Hour and 300-Hour Yoga Teacher Training class sessions on Meditation, Raja Yoga, Mantra, Chanting, Sacred Rituals, Pranayama, Breathwork, Kriya Yoga, Mudras, Tantra, Hatha Yoga, Yin Yoga, Laya, Sound Healing, and much more, all stemming from the Yog-Vedantic Tradition.
- Manuals to support all the 200-Hour and 300-Hour YTT topics including Supreme Wisdom, Meditation, Energetic Body Studies, Asanas, Mantra, Kriyas, Pranayama.
- Small Group Practice Teaching sessions with mentorship by Sattva Yoga Academy Master Teachers, scheduled to accommodate your time zone.
- Access to Sattva Connect (over 1000 recorded videos of Sattva Yoga Practices), an online platform worth $210/year.
- Worldwide Sangha with a Vibrant Community
- Opening Ceremony + Havan Sacred Ceremony
- This training is certified by the Yoga Alliance. After the completion of this course, you will be awarded a 500-Hour RYT certificate from Sattva Yoga Academy to enable you to apply to Yoga Alliance.
- Yoga Practice
- Puja Booklet
CURRICULUM of 500-Hour SATTVA Yoga Teacher Training
Techniques, Training and Practice
- Foundational Yoga Poses: proper alignment, benefits, contraindications, modifications and injury prevention. Static, dynamic and flow version of all asanas.
- Vinyasa Karma- the art and science of intelligent sequencing.
- Powerful Pranayama (Breathwork): practice and teaching.
- Foundational Kundalini and Tantric Kriyas — Practice, effects, placement and delivery.
- Bandhas, mudras and shat karmas. Practice and teaching.
- Partner Work (tantric principles of healing through shiva/shakit , ying /yang.
- Initiation into Sattva Meditation practice and how to teach meditation to different people based on their needs. Focusing on the mind, its functions and transcendence of the mind accessing the pure field of potentiality.
- Mantras – their use, practice and teaching. Exploring nada and Laya.
- Fluid Freedom movement. Its practice, use and teaching.
- Developing and teaching personal Sadhana.
Applied Anatomy, physiology and the energy body
- Western and Eastern Anatomy
- Anatomy of Asana and Kriya
- Systems of the Body
- Sattva Principles of Alignment
- Chakras, Koshas, prana vayus, nadis and gunas.
- Muscle and physical physiology
- Benefits, risks and modifications for all practices.
- How to observe and see bodies, energy and states of consciousness in students
- Developing your Voice and the use of vocabulary
- The art and science of using Music in classes
- The art and science of connecting with and uplifting your students.
- Developing your presence and authentic teaching style.
- Taking your seat as a teacher
- Offering safe adjustments and assists.
- Creating an optimal atmosphere for transformation.
- Learning to structure and teach classes and journeys in different environments to different people around the world.
Yogic Philosophy, history and lifestyle
- Yoga Sutras and the 8 limbs of Yoga.
- Yogic History and understanding all paths of yoga.
- Introduction to subtle bodies
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- Introduction to the key ancient texts of the yogic path
- Understanding the foundational teachings of Yoga and Vedanta on Life, Self and the Universe.
- Yoga as a path to awakening and the Yogic way of life.
- Taking Yoga out of the Yoga room.
- Practice Teaching to individuals and to small groups
- Observing, giving and receiving feedback.
- Structuring different journeys, classes for different levels and themes.
- Teaching a full journey/class
300s Hour Breakdown
1. Advanced Techniques and Practices of the Sattva practice of Yoga -70 hrs
- 1. Advanced Hatha Asanas, Kundalini and Tantra Kriyas
- 2. How to blend and work with 7 distinct styles of Yoga (7 Sattva Waves)and merge them into one organic whole.
- 3. Advanced meditation practices
- 4. How to use the techniques for healing and transformation of body, mind and spirit
- 5. In-depth look at the relationship of the 5 layers of the body and the effect of the techniques on each
- 6. Purpose, benefits, contract indications of all techniques and how to use to practice for the ultimate aim of Yoga
- 7. Learn to class sequences (practice teaching mixed level classes and advanced classes
2. Basic Sanskrit and Advanced Mantra practice 12 hours
Learn the Sanskrit alphabet in Devanagari script. You will be able to read and pronounce Sanskrit words, as well as some grammar, and you will explore the role of Sanskrit in a yoga practice. Also, you will dive deep into advanced mantra practice and learn how to incorporate Naadin the classes to give a deeper experience to your students.
3. Teaching Methodology- 50 hours
The Sattva Yoga ®reg; teaching method; The 5 principles of teaching and 7 waves (7 distinct yogic tradition and their techniques) adjustments and assists, the art of sequencing, energetics of assists and vinyasa krama; ethics of teaching yoga, including the types of teachers and students; teaching Advanced Kundalini and Sattva Tantra Kriyas. Studying their transformative effects and learning how to blend them together with Vinyasa Krama. Expanding the range of your classes by incorporating different techniques and making the teaching have huge expanse.
4. Scripture, Philosophy, Ethics, & Lifestyle- 30 hours
Includes advanced philosophy, deeper understanding of the sutras, Bhagavad Gita, Hathayogapradipika, Tantras and Agamas, Upanishads
5. Group Practicum- 12 hours
Includes class observation and transcriptions focusing on adjustment, sequencing, theme, and music.
6. Small Group Peer Review and Practicum-17 hours
These are classes that you teach in a small group setting to hone your skills. Includes student teaching as well as observing and assisting in classes taught by others, oral presentation skills.
7. Satsang… 55 hours
Satsang combines many of the subjects of the course, including chanting, meditation, japa and mantra, nada yoga and music, community, diet, nutrition, Vedanta, philosophy and practical skills for conducting satsang. Question is answered as part of Satsang.
8. Advanced Pranayama principles and practice. -10hours
This includes the advanced principles and theory of pranayama, practical training in samavritti and visamavritti pranayama, including teaching methods.
9. Daily Self study -20 hours
Each day includes a self-study assignment to be completed and checked next day by the teachers.
Home Study and Elective hours
- Complete all the training manual questions.
- Undertake a SEVA project (volunteer, serve ) and share your experience
- Log your personal sadhana (meditation practice)
- Structure and also observe 7 classes and write your experience
- Write a paper on the chosen topic.
The Sattva Yoga Academy 500-Hour Teacher Training in India includes:
- Certification of completion when all requirements have been met. The certificate enables you to register with Yoga Alliance USA as a 500-Hour RYT.
- Exclusive Sattva Yoga Academy manuals, approved by Yoga Alliance and distributed only at Sattva Yoga Academy trainings.
- Accommodation at the luxurious Sattva Retreat Center with attached bathroom, in room a/c and views that include the river, pool and mountains.
- Three delicious organic meals per day, plus morning and evening chai and herbal tea.
- Use of campus facilities such as free wi-fi, swimming pool, steam room, etc.
- A welcome bag full of surprise goodies
- Full immersion into a unique yogic culture
- Outdoor excursions that include caves, temples, waterfalls, or local mountain villages
- Direct access to Sattva global community of like-spirited yogis around the world
- Full guidance of senior experienced and dedicated faculty.
- Opportunity to teach at Sattva studios and retreats and also to be featured on Sattva streaming site www.sattvaconnect.com
- Eligibility to apply for the Sattva Master Level Teacher Training Program
- Prices do not include airfare, ground transportation to and from the academy, tips, or personal items
SAMPLE OF SCHEDULE 500-Hour Yoga Teacher Training
- 6.30 – 7.00 am Puja
- 7.00 – 7.45 am Meditation
- 7.45 – 8.30 am Herbal Tea, Fruit, and Silent Reflection / Journaling
- 8.30 – 10.30 am Morning Asana and Kriya Practice
- 10:30 – 12.30 am Breakfast in Silence, Morning Break
- 12.30 – 2.30 pm First Session. Understanding Yoga (History, Philosophy, Core Principles, Teaching Methodology, Queuing, Language, Purpose, Observation, Voice, Taking Your Seat as a Teacher)
- 2:30 pm – 3.30 pm Lunch
- 3:30 – 5.30 pm Second Session. Yoga Anatomy and Principles Of Sattva Yoga
- 5:30 – 6.45 pm Asana, Kriya, Breakdown with Adjustments or Evening Asana, Pranayama, Kriya, Yoga Nidra Practice
- 6:45 – 7:00 pm Aarti
- 6:45 – 8:00 pm Dinner
- 8:00 – 8:45 pm Third Session. Satsang, Sutras Explanation, Chanting, Community Time
*There will be some afternoon time free and one day a week will be off. In that day the schedule above is followed until 10:30 am and the rest of the day may be either free time or an optional group excursion/adventure. Included in the program can be also a sacred pilgrimage to temples in the lower Himalayas and to the Ganges River.
Please consider this schedule is flexible.
Some sessions will be decided according to the progression of the groups.
For 500-Hour Yoga Teacher Training, the only prerequisite for students is that they have an open mind and an appetite for learning and growth. At least 6 months of practice is recommended though not required.
Upon acceptance to the course, the student is expected to be present for every class and complete the course work.
COURSE FEE & DATES
- Standard room —US$3950 (Standard shared room per person)
- Deluxe room – US$4200 (Deluxe shared room per person
- US$ 350 required to hold your spot.
*for single occupancy add US$ 850.
*Room sizes and views differ.
(All deposits are non-refundable but can be transferred to other upcoming trainings. The deposit is valid for a lifetime.)