17 January, 2023
Much of yoga's history is murky and unclear since sacred writings are transmitted orally and its teachings are shrouded in secrecy. The original yoga scriptures were composed on thin palm leaves that might be easily misplaced, ruined, or damaged. Yoga may be up to 10,000 years old, according to some researchers, but the development of the practise may have begun more than a millennium ago.
The first types of yoga were developed by the Gangetic plain culture in Northeastern India around 5,000 years ago. The word "yoga" first appears in the Rig Veda, one of the first holy texts. The Vedic, which included hymns, mantras, and rituals, were such a compendium of literature used by Kshatriyas, the Vedic priests. Yoga was gradually enhanced by the Brahmans and Acharyas (transcendental ancient prophecies), who recorded their practises and theories in the Puranas, a vast collection of more than 200 manuscripts.
For modern yoga narrative, you can study yoga in Rishikesh in numerous ways, from a sport to a meditation practice, and from a healing modality to a spiritual journey, the other end of the spectrum. It can be difficult to determine them.
● Traditional yoga sees yoga as a way to achieve cosmic consciousness, but modern yoga sees yoga as more than just a sort of physical posture training (asana) (moksha).
● The appearance of Asana is where the modern Exercise regime begins. It's likely that asana and the body are not the first steps in traditional yoga.
● In modern yoga, various asana-performing methodologies are referred to as "Yoga variations." There are many different yoga types in traditional practice, of which each embodies a distinct methodology for attaining root chakra.
● Most of the time, modern yoga is taught and practised at yoga studios or centres. An ashram is not usually necessary for traditional yoga teaching and/or practice.
● Under modern yoga theory, yoga can be practised for an hour, a few times each week, as an exercise program or meditation. Classic yoga focuses more on a main cause regimen with rites and ceremonies to strengthen the mind and the heart.
2oo hour Yoga Teacher Training
This core teacher training package is covered over the course of 200 hours. A 200 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh course covers all the essentials and gives the student the skills and knowledge needed to effectively organise and lead a class. It incorporates core yoga anatomy and physiology besides adequate real-world teaching experience.
3oo hour Yoga Teacher Training
A more challenging 300 hour course has 300 hour online yoga teacher training . Students in this course get a deeper understanding of the basic poses and the skills necessary to teaching more challenging asanas. It is also known as advanced yoga teacher training. Students are also taught in-depth yoga anatomy and physiology, pranayama, and cleansing kriyas. Most 300 hour programmes provide meditation instruction as part of their curricula.
In the Rishikesh yoga teacher training programme, international organisations like Yoga Union provide RYS certifications like RYS 200, RYS 300, and RYS 500. The name of the institution offering 200-hour training, 300 hour advanced training, or a standalone, 500 hour advanced training course is RYS 500. A student who performance and help a 200 hour and a 300 hour instructor required training can become a 200 hour Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) at a RYS 200 school, a 300 hour RYT at a RYS 300 school, and a 500 hour RYT at a RYS 500 school.
The only organization in the world that provides the authentic, pure Himalayan Yog-Vedantic Teachings is SATTVA YOGA ACADEMY , the yoga center in rishikesh.